There is no other word for it. Just wow.
I am overwhelmed by the response to our incredible news. A husband who told his wife to call him when I tested again. A woman who's never posted before saying that she's been following our story and praying for us. I am overwhelmed and humbled. How I got to the place where I have so many people who care about me, about us, about our story, I will never know. I just pray that I enrich others' lives as much as they enrich mine.
I spent today trying to get used to the idea that we're pregnant. Ha! Pregnant! It all still seems so surreal. I get to post on the 1st Tri board now??? I should start looking for coupons and give-aways on diapers??? We went to Babies-R-Us this afternoon and just walked around, trying to get acclimated to the world of babies. We'd been in the store before, shopping for friends' showers. But this time it was for us. We were there for us. I struggled not to feel like a poser. It was real. I belonged in that store! We went to Janie and Jack and the salesman asked us who we were shopping for. TH and I both paused for a second--dare we say it aloud? Dare we embrace it wholly and without reservation or discomfort?--before TH blurted out "us!"
We went to Barnes and Noble and bought a week-by-week pregnancy book for me and a companion "Dad's" book for TH. Reading the first chapter on the way home, reading about blastocysts and the importance of exercise and all the ways I will need my husband to be there for me as my body and emotions go through drastic changes, it was all a little overwhelming.
This is real. I'm no longer day dreaming about babies. Or being pregnant. Or being a mom. It's really real!
I tried to call my doctor's office to set up the first appointment, but dang it if they weren't closed for the holiday! What holiday??? Since when is January 2 a holiday?? There are newly-pregnant women out here who need to feel like they've accomplished that important first step, who need to feel like their pregnancy is valid, verified by medical professionals! Now I'll have to wait 'til Monday. Which is probably best anyway, since it's just then that I'll officially be "late."
So this weekend will be spent continuing to pee on sticks (the line was darker this morning! yay!), and finishing off painting the nursery. And mundane, non-baby related tasks like taking down the Christmas decorations.
TH has named it "Sprout." He talks to it, tells it how he can't wait to meet him/her. But he also looked somberly at me last night as I lay down, exhausted, to fall asleep, my first time with the knowledge that someone else was laying down with me. "I will never love the baby more than I love you," he whispered. He makes my heart overflow.
Since clearly I have an affinity for journaling, I will continue to use this blog as a chronicle of my journey to motherhood and beyond! Part of that will include letters to Sprout. I hope you won't mind the audience shift from time to time.
3 weeks, 4 days pregnant. Not quite used to it yet, but I'm getting there!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
ahhhhhh.
Awww. I'm crying over here. So sweet! :)
I love reading this!
Post a Comment