Two weeks ago today I was staring down at a pregnancy test, trying to decide if my eyes were playing tricks on me or if there actually was a second line there. Two weeks. I've known I am pregnant for two weeks.
Everyone talks about how time flies when you're pregnant, how you can't believe when you're done with your first trimester, how you can't believe you are down to the double digits in your countdown to your due date, how you still have so much stuff to do and you're not sure you're going to have time to get it all done because gosh darn-it time is just going by so quickly!
To be clear, I don't want my pregnancy to pass in the blink of an eye. I want to enjoy every second of it. But my first appointment with my doctor is another 2 1/2 weeks from now. It's only been two weeks, and I have at least that long, plus another four days to go 'til I get to go to the doctor and have this whole thing legitimized. 'Til I get to see Sprout's fluttering heart. 'Til I get to rest a little easier.
These last two weeks certainly have not flown by! They've actually been two very long weeks. I cannot believe it's only been 14 days. And I still have that long, plus a little, to go.
Oi vey. Tick freakin' tock.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment