Not a bad way to start the year, eh?+ HPT at 10 DPO . . . oh. my. god!
This morning has been a total blur. I tested at 10 a.m. with a FRER and snuggled in bed with TH while we waited for the 3 minutes to tick by. Trying to prepare him for the let down, I told him it was still very early, that it would probably be negative. We both jumped up when it was time and looked at the test together. I didn't see anything. He was so sure it would be positive that he didn't believe me that there wasn't a second line. I told him to look at it as closely as he wanted. "Can you convince yourself that you see something?" I asked him, knowing that the answer had to be "no."
But that's when he said, "yes!" I snatched it back out of his hand and looked again, and low and behold, if you rotated it 72 degrees to the right and stood on your right leg and stuck out your tongue and looked with squinty eyes, it did actually appear that there was a second line! For the next five minutes or so, we debated back and forth whether there was a line there or not. Confronted with the incredible possibility that all our trying had paid off, TH was suddenly scared to get his hopes up. He kept thinking it was just because we wanted to see a line there. So we tried pretending like we were just casually dating and did not want to be pregnant and then looked at it(haha). Nope, there was definitely a line there! As you can see in the picture, it was the faintest of faint lines!
The only way to know for sure was to use a digital. But I had used all my pee! So for the next four hours, I emailed my closest friends, freaking out about whether or not they saw a second line. Just as we were getting ready to go get some lunch, I felt the urge and knew it was time for the big guns.If I thought waiting three minutes for the first test had been hard, it was nothing compared to these three minutes! We both ran in and looked together, and sure enough, the most beautiful word in the world greeted us! We screamed and jumped up and down like maniacs, until TH ordered me to immediately stop jumping. Hot damn, holy shit, I'm pregnant!
As you could tell from my previous posts, I really didn't think anything was up this month. My sore back I figured was from the painting or putting together the bookshelves. I did not have extra creamy CM. My boobs weren't sore. Nada. And yet there it is, clear as digital technology: pregnant.
We went to lunch and suddenly had a whole new world of things to talk about--not just hypothetically talk about, but actually, really talk about! When were we going to tell our parents? How were we going to tell our parents? Names, due date, whether I'm going to continue cycling with the TNT team I just signed up with, whether this had any impact on the trip TH was planning for my 30th birthday (for the record, it was going to be Machu Picchu and we don't think a trip to rural South America and a three-day hike up the Inca trail (which is the only way we'd do it) is really best for a pregnant woman, so it looks like trip plans are changing!)), etc. Goodbye lunch meat and chocolate and hot dogs! Goodbye beer and champagne (good thing I got a last one of each of you in last night)!
We haven't stopped smiling like goobers for hours. My cheeks are actually cramping!
The TTC journey was much more difficult than we had ever imagined it would be. It taught me a lot about not letting my emotions rule my life (not sure exactly how successful I was with that, but I did understand the lesson). When I asked TH what he got out of it, he said "a lot more sex than usual." I should never have expected a different answer.
And now it's on to the next journey, the next adventure. And I cannot wait.
3 weeks, 3 days pregnant.



7 comments:
I am so freaking excited for you!! What a great way to start out the new year!
Just in case you didn't get my excitment before...YAY!!!!!!!!!n I'm so happy for you!!!
Awww, what a wonderful story. (And I am laughing about the "lots more sex than usual" comment.) So happy for you!
Again, HORRAY HORRAY!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see what the next part of this journey brings.
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!
:D
You know the rest.
I am so happy for you! I cried when I read the blog report! Huge hugs to you and TH!!!
Post a Comment