Without making all kinds of excuses let's just say that I let myself fall completely off the workout wagon after my race last spring and have stayed fallen off. (Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!) I know that I need to do something, even if it's just walking. I even made TH promise before we ever got pg that he would go on walks with me every day when I finally got KU.
Well, here I am, 6 weeks 2 days pg and I've been on a grand total of four walks. I'm not happy about this.
Part of the problem is that I want TH to walk with me, so I wait until the evenings. But we don't get done with work until 5:30, and I HAVE to eat something right after work, which puts our walk at the earliest starting at 6:30 and quite frankly I've been too doggone tired in the evenings to make myself do it! It just hasn't been happening.
So I told TH last night at dinner that I was going to start going for my walks in the morning. I'm waking up earlier than my alarm anyway. I used to workout in the morning religiously. I like the way it makes me feel for the rest of the day. And I don't have to worry about being too tired to do it.
TH is not a morning person. TH was not happy to hear my new plan.
But, a promise is a promise (and I might have added something about me having to go through a lot to make his baby and the least he could do is go on a freaking walk with me in the morning), so he reluctantly agreed to the pre-dawn jaunts.
This morning the alarm went of at 6 and although it was very cozy under the covers, I knew I had to roll my ass out of bed and do this. And he did too. That didn't go over well. He started to BMG (bitch-moan-and-groan). I burst into tears. (Dumb pg hormones...but I must say, effective!) He felt bad and was suddenly Mr. I-love-morning-walks and started getting dressed. And this is when this story became blog worthy.
He put his sports-pants on top of his pajama pants. He put on a T-shirt. A long-sleeve shirt. AND THEN HIS BATH ROBE. He topped it off with his giant puffy ski jacket. That's right, four layers on top, one of which was his bath robe, and the other of which was designed for winter sports. Real winter. Not 40-degree Texas winter.
I was so glad it was dark. He is definitely going to be the parent who embarrasses our kids.
He was so pissy the rest of the morning from not having gotten all the sleep he wanted and having been forced from bed to walk around the neighborhood in his bathrobe that I decided it's just not worth it.
I'll be looking for a prenatal yoga DVD this weekend.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
LMAO!!! This is hilarious! Your TH cracks me up! Why didn't you get a picture?!?!?!?!?
LMAO!!! Didn't TH come from RUSSIA?!? I love the mental image of him a la Randy from a Christmas Story..."I can't put my arms down!!"
I've got a prenatal pilates DVD that I like, but it is a butt kicker. I'll email you an amazon link.
OMG, I am laughing out loud at the thought of your husband walking around in the dark this morning wearing all of that.
Post a Comment