Just before 4 we were called back, and I finally got to meet my doctor. He is the sweetest man ever! He had kind, twinkly eyes (like how I would imagine Santa's eyes), and he was very huggy (which I love!)--I think by the time the appointment was over I had gotten two or three hugs from him, and even TH had received a man hug.
After the initial chit chat, they wheeled in a u/s machine. It was a little awkward having TH there with me while someone else stuck a wand up my jay-jay, but I guess I'm going to have to get used to things like that. I was anticipating a few tense moments, but almost instantly Dr. was showing us the baby! We went from amazement at "And there's your baby!" to sheer awe at seeing the little one's fluttering heartbeat. It was the most incredible thing to see that little heart fluttering away~153 strong beats per minute! I was hoping he would just sit there for 10 or 15 minutes, just letting us stare at our little one, a hope that, obviously, was not fulfilled. It was over too quickly, but we got pictures to take home with us.
I think it definitely took seeing that heartbeat to make this all real to us, to cement the fact in our minds that there is a baby in there! Before it was just conceptual. Now it's real.
Sprout is measuring dead on: 7 weeks exactly (I had calculated 7 weeks, 1 day) and is the most incredible thing I've ever seen.
I am so in love.



2 comments:
Like I've told you 3? times before, so glad it went well! And, I think I had the same type of reaction -- its so REAL now. There's a little heart beating in there, and after finally seeing it, suddenly I *feel* pregnant (and not just because I've been sick!).
:)
Go, Sprout!!!
Awww, look at your cute sprout! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment