Friday, January 16, 2009

Nursery Progress

So, we had the carpet guys finally back today to install the new carpet. He has been out to our house several times now, but hadn't seen the room painted. Here's how that went:

him: Wow, are you pregnant?

me: yep!

him: Congrats! Soo....was it planned?

me: (shocked but polite laugh) yes.

him: Oh. That's good. 'Cause none of my three were.

And then later, as they were leaving:

him:
so, how many months pregnant are you?

me: oh, just a little over one.

him: how long have you been married?

me: in April it will be four years.

him: Man! And you guys are just NOW getting around to having kids??? In my family, that's WHY you get married.

me: *polite laugh*

him: yeah, your life is sure going to change. No more of this super clean, nice house.

me: yeah, I know. We're ready for it, though!

him: I wasn't ready for it. I had my first when I was 14.

me: (shocked face)

him: yeah, but we got married, and we're still married, so I guess it's all good. My oldest is 17 now, so I figure in a few years, we can start traveling and do all the stuff we didn't get to do before. Unless we have another. It's possible you know. Even after you get fixed.

me: Uh, ok, thanks, we'll call you again! Bye!

Poor guy. No social filter whatsoever. He's lucky that I'm married to someone with a similarly inoperative social filter and I understood.

So, here are the pics so far! The only thing left to do it the chair rail. Yay! (Yes, it's blue. Yes, we're considering it a gender-neutral nursery. Yes we think girl nurseries can look cute in blue, especially with pink accents.)

This is what we started with:

I am a master taper!

First color done!

Missed a step here. The second color is now on and the stars are taped.

Aw! TH did a fantastic job with the stars!! He wouldn't let me in to see until he was done. He touched up every single one by hand. It helps to have an OCD artist in charge of the final touches!

All that remains is a white chair rail on the border between the top and bottom. Yay!!

3 comments:

Mary Catherine Urban said...

that is SO much cuter than i had pictured in my head! i love it. and it can TOTALLY be gender neutral.

Unknown said...

Adorable! And if Baby B were a girl, "her" nursery would've been painted blue too. I already had the paint chip picked out and everything. :)

TH did a FANTASTIC job with the stars. I'm way impressed!

Sara Louise said...

WOW! I absolutely love it!