Monday, January 26, 2009

Telling My Parents

It was very, very hard not to tell my parents over the phone as soon as we found out, but we wanted to tell them in person, so we scheduled a trip for them to come down and visit. Since TH and I travel so much, I make a lot of photobooks of our trips--a new photobook to share would have been no surprise to my folks. So I made a photobook of some of the best pictures of our recent trips. The last picture was the digital pregnancy test saying "pregnant." I don't know why, but I was way more nervous about telling my parents than I was about telling the in-laws last week!

Here's the video of our big reveal! It's kind of long (my mom flipping through the book and oohing and ahhing politely), so feel free to skip to the exciting part at the end (about 3:20).


7 comments:

Barbara said...

Awww, their reactions are priceless! So sweet.

Tabatha said...

aww...that's so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I watched it like 3 times because it's so cute!!

Julie said...

Awww, I love it! How sweet! That's such a neat idea!

Sal said...

SO sweet! And just so you know, I LOVE the nursery. I had a dream last night that I made mine just like it.

BeckO said...

Awwwww. K! I love it! So neat that you got that on video. I was squirming in my chair and giggling with anticipation waiting for them to see it.. then got all teary! How great!!

HappyFrau said...

That's awesome that you caught this moment on video to cherish 4-ever and so can your DC. :-)

It's so sweet!

~NDK~