Monday, January 12, 2009

Starting to Feel It

Today I am 5 weeks pregnant! Yay! According to the book, Sprout's liver has started functioning and his/her little heart will start beating sometime this week.

I am starting to feel a little more every day. I've been very, very tired. Right now, I am tired. I seriously considered shutting my door at 11 a.m. today and taking a nap at my desk. I had a wonderful little spurt of energy at about 3 p.m that lasted, oh, about 12 minutes. Weekends pass in a lovely blur of inactivity. Saturday and Sunday, TH worked on touch-ups on the nursery while I snoozed on the couch. When he asked me what I was going to do while he was working, I told him "build a human." Hey, that takes a lot of energy!

My boobies are officially sore. And, they're getting bigger! I didn't think it would happen so quickly, but when we took my weekly photo last night, TH looked at them suspiciously through my sports bra and asked, "Are your boobs getting bigger???" And hot damn, they are! I gave him a quick flash, you know, for scientific observation, and he looked so shocked by their appearance I got embarrassed and quickly covered back up. When I put on my bra this morning, I saw something I have never seen before: cleavage!! Luckily they aren't really painful all the time--just a mild ache. And super sensitive. TH brushed one of my nips through a T-shirt and a sports bra and it earned him a punch and a yelp, "Why would you DO that!??"

And I think I'm starting to have...opinions...about food. All I could think about Sunday morning was a bean burrito, so we looked up what time Taco Bell opened (Sweet Jesus, 10 a.m., thank you!!) and it was probably the best Taco Bell I've ever had in my entire life. No lie. And I didn't finish my toast this morning with breakfast. It just tasted so...dry.

TH is, as expected, the world's best dad-to-be. As mentioned above, he tells me to rest while he works on the nursery. He goes to Taco Bell for breakfast! He stops by the store on the way home from work b/c I told him I was sad we were out of clementines. He brought me roses. He sends me emails at random times throughout the day saying things like, "Thinking about you and the baby make me smile at the most random times! I'm so excited!" He tells me to get anything tiny little thing I mention I saw on-line (my most recent score: this sweet calendar that gives you a day-by-day narrative of the baby's development from the baby's point of view!). He talks to my tummy and tells Sprout he can't wait to meet him/her.

I love love love all my symptoms. I love having sore boobs! I love being tired! I love craving refried beans at 9 a.m! I love my sweet husband who is doing so much without complaining about a single thing.

We are going to start telling our families this weekend! It's TH's dad's birthday, and they are coming into town to celebrate. Next weekend my family is coming into town, and then my dad's birthday is 2/9. I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your hubby is so sweet! I love hearing your stories! So glad you're finally having "symtoms." This is going to be a fun 9 months! And I can't wait to hear how your family reacts!

Unknown said...

Hey building a human is hard work! I'm taking everyone's advice to "rest while I can." Potentially, I've only got 12 more Saturdays to sleep late!

Glad you're finally feeling PG :)