Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Devil and Angel

So, here's pretty much the conversation in my head regarding any likelihood of being pg this month:

1: Don't get your hopes up! You didn't even feel any O pain this month, and you ALWAYS feel O pain.

2: But the doctor SAW that awesome egg just waiting to get out there. Surely I O'd right on time like all the other months. And I had that really strong + OPK.

1: You didn't have any EWCM this month. Not even one day's worth. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

2: But watery is good enough, right? Lots of women never get any EWCM, and they still get KU.

1: You're not having any phantom symptoms. No funny twinges, no weird tastes in your mouth, no sore boobs. You can't even trick yourself into thinking you're pg this month.

2: Maybe I just have learned to ignore them? Maybe my lack of symptoms is significant? Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. There were those three days I had a headache. I don't ever get headaches.

1: Oh, you mean the headaches that started the day you went to your in-laws? Sure, there's no other POSSIBLE explanation for that!

2: But...

1: What? You're not. Start getting used to it now so that you're entire weekend isn't ruined.

So now the question is, which voice is the devil, and which is the angel?

3 comments:

BeckO said...

I didn't have any O pains, and I had ZERO EWCM this time (which is very unusual for me).. I'm just sayin'! ;)

I'm goin' with the one I think is the angel here.. numero dos.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

1. I did not have O pains.
2. This was first cycle I had NO pg-like symptoms/twinges so was convinced I had a BFN coming.
3. I never get EWCM,EVER - but had it this time so maybe you're just the opposite? At any rate, the EWCM was extremely scant, so even then I might have been imagining it.
4. No sore BBs at all this time - except for after my BFP.

So, take that for what it's worth, but sometimes the good stuff comes when you are least expecting it. :)

Barbara said...

I never had O pains. I was so sure I was not pregnant that I didn't even test until my period was late. Fingers are crossed for you!