Monday, August 10, 2009

35/35

Another fun milestone!

Today I am 35 weeks pregnant and I have only 35 days to go. Wow!

I was thinking the other day that it might be fun to be able to know when you ACTUALLY have 35 days to go . . . really Ali would be considered "on time" if she came anywhere within a four week window from 37 weeks to 41 weeks. Today's milestone might be more mind-blowing if it actually meant 35 days from right now you will have a baby (though it would likely lack the fun symetry of numbers). But then I think that it's really the unknown that is exciting, too, the idea that you don't know when she'll make her appearance, the anticipation of the surprise. Anyway, back on track . . .

Time has been moving so quickly now. I guess it helps only having 4-day work weeks and a shower every weekend to look forward to.

Speaking of showers, I had a fantastic shower over the weekend! I got a chance to hang out with all my girlfriends, something I haven't gotten to do in quite some time. The shower was right up my alley--laid back, fun, delicious food (mmmm, mini quiches), fun activities and funny games. There was a onesie-decorating station where everyone made Ali a personalized T-shirt or onesie; I can't wait to get those on her and think of the person who made each one! We also played a "Price is Right" game where we had to guess the price of various common baby items . . . after 13 total items, I was more than $24 off! The good news is that I was consistenly guessing high . . . looks like babies will be cheaper than I was preparing myself for. Yay!

We have one more small shower this weekend with my family, and after that, the only thing left to do will be wait. Hopefully my plan of working right up until I go into labor will help keep me busy enough to feel like time continues to trip by.

35/35. What a wonderful day, what a wonderful place to be!

No comments: