Monday, July 27, 2009

Wait, Wha--??

This was in my weekly pregnancy email this morning:

At Week 33, Your Baby Could Come at Any Moment!
Since more than half of all babies come early, yours could come at any time now!

Ummm...excuse me??? I mean, I know I'm getting close, but ANY TIME NOW?? It's not that I can't wait to have Alina here, safe, healthy, snuggled in my arms . . . it's that I still need those 6ish weeks I have left to prepare myself, my house, my car, my life, for the arrival of baby girl.

I guess I'd better get a move on, huh?

Another sign that it's getting close: today is the last Monday I will work until December.

That's right. I am taking off Mondays in August to give myself a little downtime . . . as TH put it, "quite possibly the last me-time" I'm going to get for the next 25 years. Holy hell.

I can hear "The Final Countdown" beginning it's first distinctive notes in the soundtrack of my life!

1 comment:

SFNewzGirl said...

Nice! I wish I could cut back my work schedule now. Enjoy the down time!