Monday, July 6, 2009

30/30

Today is a big day! I am exactly 30 weeks pregnant, and it's TH's 30th birthday! Time to C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E!

I can't even begin to tell you what it means to me to have such wonderful milestones for the two people who mean the most to me in the world on the same day. I've been trying to come up with the words to describe what TH's 30 years have meant, what he's been through in his life, what I've been through with him, how far he's come in the 14 years that I've known him. But it's too big. I am overwhelmed at the prospect of capturing those sentiments in words. All I can say is that 30 years ago, the world was much less fun. The world, not just me, is blessed to have the presence of his soul.

I am likewise overwhelmed at the prospect of framing what these last 30 weeks have meant to me, what Ali and I have been through together, how far she's come, what she's done to me in such a short time, how she's changed me.

I always knew these two, Ali and her daddy, were kindred spirits.

So today I celebrate you both.

And I love you both.

And I thank you both for what you've brought to my life. What you've given me. Who you are, and the promise that you represent for what's still to come.

Happy 30th to you both.

No comments: