:::pauses for squeals of excitement, mostly from me . . . seriously . . . still squealing . . . three days later:::I GOT MY MOM-MOBILE!!!
I am soooooo excited! I think I was in shock when we drove it home from the dealer (we left the house that morning totally NOT thinking about buying a car). When TH asked if I really felt like it were "mine," I was all nonchalant, like "hmm, yeah, pretty much."
But then Sunday morning it was STILL THERE, still parked in our garage. I started to realize then that I got to KEEP this car!
Driving to work this morning, I had the biggest, goofiest smile on my face as I surveyed my new surroundings during the daily commute. IT'S STILL HERE! I'm still driving it! It really IS mine!
AHHHHHHH!!!!
After 8+ years in a tiny coupe, I feel so . . . luxurious! And comfy! And safe! Bring it on, giant Texas trucks. I'm not going to be blinded by your headlights anymore!
It's gorgeous on the inside, too. Two-toned tan leather interior.
Seriously. I'm just so tickled with it. I feel like squirming around with glee just like Ali does in my tummy when I eat bananas.I got this email from my sister when I sent her the pictures. It made me cry. Not that that is a difficult thing to accomplish these days (I swear I'm in weepy stage #2). It's just so touching to hear her excitement for us, to know that we aren't the only ones who feel like we are just so absolutely blessed in our lives.
OH MY GOSH! I absolutely LOVE IT! I am SO happy for you. I mean I wouldn't mind if you ever wanted to trade for like a weekend ;) haha Ali will be the coolest girl at soccer practice! (Or cheerleading ;) ) I am just so happy for you. You are right where you wanted to be and could be happier; I mean you are preggers with a beautiful little girl, just got your *dream* car and are married to your high school sweetheart and with a new house. You are a stinkin' bad ass. I really am so proud of you and thank you for giving me so much to look up to. Keep it up sister!!!
(Ali, I can't wait for you to meet your Aunt K. She is the most wonderful, energetic, work-hard-play-harder person you will ever know. I just know you two are going to be thick as thieves!)
I feel like we are finally gaining some momentum with our to-do-list. Next on the list--finish registering, caulk/paint the chair rails, figure out closet organization, and order final piece of nursery furniture!
25 weeks pregnant. Only 15 (ish) more weeks to go!



2 comments:
Sweet ride! :) Congrats!!!
And your sister is right - you have a lot to be proud of and thankful for!
Have I mentioned how incredibly jealous I am of your mom-mobile? That is exactly what I want when I get a new car. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Post a Comment