Wow. Just wow. Only 99 days to go.
:::sings:::
99 bottles of milk in the fridge, 99 bottles of milk . . .
I am so excited that there are only 99 days left! Everyone keeps talking about how fast time flies when you're pregnant. I can honestly say that time is moving at exactly the right pace for me. In the beginning, it draaaggggggedd by. Each day was an excruciating wait. A wait for each appointment, each reassurance. Now, feeling reassured, feeling her move, feeling like we can finally relax and focus on getting ready, now time is moving at exactly the right pace. I'm glad we still have a good chunk of time left in which to get ready. And I'm glad it's only 99 days!
We've started registering, and can I just say that it is a LOT harder than I thought it would be. How do you pick??? How do you pick between the 30 "First Aid and Infant Care Kits"?? How do you pick between the 57 play mats or the 23 bouncy seats? While it's fun to browse the stores and web sites, picking out the perfect gear for our little one, it's overwhelming too. Especially because there are so many choices. And because everyone has a different opinion about which product or brand is best and why. The comfort that I find is that, in the end, I know it will all be fine. Whatever we pick, whatever we get, is a blessing, and I know Ali will love getting spoiled with all her cool gear.
As the nurse warned us at our last appointment, I think baby girl is going through another growth spurt. I've been having more round ligament pain this last week, and have hit my second (and hopefully last??) weepy stage. Poor TH. He never knows if what he says/does is going to have no effect, make me irrationally mad, or start the tears. Thank God he has so much practice being patient with his family and has been able to handle this stage fairly gracefully.
We've started playing music for Ali every night when I lay down to go to sleep. She totally loves the music . . . at least, I think that's why she dances and prances whenever we lay TH's iTouch on my belly. The other night a more energetic Mozart piece was on, and she was kicking like crazy right where the iTouch was positioned, making the little device bump around on my skin. Then we followed it with a soothing Pachabel's Cannon, and she settled down and didn't move again. So, she either loves it and dances when the music moves her, or she hates it and was trying to make it stop. Fingers crossed it's the former rather than the latter of those options!
We've got our closet organizational system purchased (and I'm off to put it together now!), most of my showers scheduled, and our birthing class registered for.
What exciting times!!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hooray for double digits!
I love that she kicks right at the iTouch. :) I think its because she likes it, for sure!
Did you get the closet organizer installed? If so, pictures please. :)
Post a Comment