Monday, June 29, 2009

Grow, Baby, Grow!

29 weeks pregnant today, baby girl! The last week that will start with a "2," the last seven days before the "3-" weeks get here and the final countdown is on. Yay!!

Your daddy has become a total rock star in the last several weeks, building furniture, finishing the chair rail in the nursery, keeping the house in shape . . . and that's on top of his "regular" job, which is also requiring him to work a bit of overtime now. Your room is starting to really come together--your changing table and bookshelf are in, so now we can actually start decorating, organizing, and putting the final touches on it. I know you're just going to love your room--it was built with so much love.

This last weekend we took a tour of the hospital where you will be born. Just being there and learning all about how the labor and delivery will go down, we both got so excited! We realized we are getting to the real part of this now, as opposed to just the planning part. We saw the room where I will hopefully spend my labor and delivery (if I don't have to have a C-section) and the nursery where they will take you for your first bath and all your official first measurements. Even though you can't stay in the room with me for those important moments, your daddy is going to be with you every second, watching over you. I am a little sad that he will be there without me for your first bath, able to drink up the sight of your wiggly adorableness for those 30 minutes without me, but I guess that is just the beginning of the new state of things after you're born. I won't get you all to myself anymore. Your daddy felt so proud that he had the responsibility of staying with you the entire time. I know that he is just as excited about your birth, and the important role he will play in it, as I am!

We had our last monthly doctor's appointment this morning--from here on out, it will be every 2-3 weeks, and then weekly at the end! I had my blood sugar test; I had to drink a sweet orange drink that tasted kind of like orange Hawaiian Punch, and then an hour later they drew blood to make sure that my body is processing the sugar correctly. You aren't really used to that much sugar at once--on the way to the doctor's office I turned on some good music and you had your very own little dance party in there. You are still measuring beautifully, consistently one week ahead. As best as they can tell, you now weigh 3.5 lbs! You were turned back around, head down, (you were head up for the first time two weeks ago at the sonogram appointment), so if you could just go ahead and stay head down, that would be great. It will make things so much easier on both of us.

From here on out, baby girl, life will be busy, busy, busy. Our weekends are booked from now until the end of August! Luckily all the things we have coming up are wonderful, exciting, fun activities. Lots of visits with family and friends, and starting next week, your daddy and I will go to a class every Tuesday night that will help us learn how to get ready for your birth. If I try to do too much, I know that you'll help remind me to slow down and take it easy.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I love you. I love being pregnant, feeling you squirm, seeing my stomach grow with you, getting the house and our lives ready for you to join us. And I love knowing that the next 11 weeks will pass in a delightful blur of preparation, and that you will be in our arms before we know it. I can't wait.

How far along?:
29 weeks
Total weight gain: 16 lbs
How big is baby?: estimated 3 lbs, 7 ounces
Maternity clothes?: Yep, and I've already outgrown some of them. Yikes. Looks like more shopping may be in my future.
Stretch marks?: Nope--my mom said she never really got any, so my fingers are crossed!
Sleep?: Sleep is becoming a little more hit-or-miss. When I wake up to turn over now, I actually wake up. Then I have to settle in and go back to sleep. (Whereas before, I just kind of turned over in a sleepy stupor.)
Best moment this week?: Getting so much progress done on the nursery!
Movement?: Every day. I love it.
Food cravings?: The other day I wanted wedding cake so badly I actually considered crashing a wedding just to steal a slice, but I managed to hold the urge at bay. Not sure if that was an actual craving or just a stressful day at work.
Labor signs?: Nope--I've started getting more BH contractions, but they typically only happen a couple of days a week.
Belly button in or out?: Still in . . . is it possible it will never stick out??
What I miss: Being able to be more self-sufficient when it comes to projects around the house, like moving boxes, building furniture, etc.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting to see her in two weeks in 3D/4D with my family in attendance.
Milestone: Into the third tri now. Wow!

No comments: