Monday, May 4, 2009

Nursery Progress (Finally!)

Over the weekend we had some good friends over for dinner. One of the couples are masters of home renovations and have installed chair rails before. I may have mentioned our continuing defeat at the hands of the chair rails, and they may have just happened to bring their miter saw...and finishing nails...

...Ok, really we just shanghai-d the guys into working on the nursery while the ladies and kiddos took a walk down to the park. But we DID feed them a full-course dinner, including deviled eggs, chicken ka-bobs, green beans, baked potatoes, boiled sweet corn, salad, and hot cookies right out of the oven for their hard work. I know the wives read this blog--make sure your husbands know how much TH and I appreciate their help!! I told TH it was like an old-fashioned barn raising (and then had to explain to him what an old-fashioned barn raising was). We are so thankful and blessed to be part of such a wonderful community of friends!!

So, here's the new-and-improved nursery, with the chair rails installed! (Sorry for the relatively low light in the picture...)

Now we can get to work putting the crib together (which has been sitting in our garage in its box for the last month or so) and it will start to look like a real nursery!! We are having a bit of a tough time finding furniture that we (a) like and (b) don't have to pay a small fortune for, as well as a glider for me. I have faith that it will all come together in time, though...we still have a lot of time (I have decided I can say that until we are under the one-month-left mark).

We have, however, had some luck with decor. My mom and I picked up this sign on our trip to Fredricksburg a couple of weeks ago. It says "Star Light, Star Bright" and even has little blue and white stars on it! Perfect!!
And TH and I scored some adorable, brightly colored paper daisies (at Ashley Furniture of all places...random!) that were 50% off. I haven't decided if we're going to hand them over her crib, her dressing table, in the corner, or just hang them on the wall, but I LOVE them!

Our final recent score was at the Pottery Barn Outlet last weekend. We found the "Star light, star bright" poem in white-lettered wall decals. It's a discontinued item, so we scored it for super cheap! We haven't quite figured out how we're going to use it yet, but it was too perfect to pass up.

Baby girl's room is slowly but surely coming together! Yay for progress!

No comments: