Things that have made me laugh in the last week, all courtesy of TH:
1. "Where would your hormones like to go for dinner?"
2. "Aw, you're not as big as a house! You're like a small efficiency apartment right now. Definitely past the tent stage . . . you're an efficiency now, and then you'll become a 1 bedroom, then a 2 bedroom, and then a three-two."
3. And last night, while trying to get TH to feel Ali move for the umpteenth time, I put TH hand on my stomach and put my hand on top of his to help him get the right pressure. I felt my stomach move THROUGH TH's hand, so I could not believe that he still was registering nothing. Then he says, "You gotta quit breathing!"
me: "I'm not breathing, dummy, that's HER."
TH (wide-eyed): "Seriously?!?! That little poke??? I thought that was you breathing . . . or bubbles from digesting dinner . . . I was waiting for something way bigger!"
After he thought through the logistics and physics of something as tiny as she is being felt through my placenta and stomach tissue, he finally believed me and was absolutely thrilled.
Finally, finally he felt her. Well, finally he realized what he was feeling was her. There's no telling how long he's been feeling me "breathe."
Silly Daddy.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Your husband sounds very cool and funny. I bet I'd like him IRL.
Post a Comment