Monday, May 4, 2009

AW: Two-Post Monday!

I saw her! From the outside! My stomach moved!

Baby girl pretty much responds to any food (must take after her mom here)--doesn't have to be sweet or spicy or anything. About 30-60 minutes after I eat, she gets to bopping around in there. Well, I had my afternoon snack today (salad with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes), and sure enough about 30 minutes later, she started doing her thing. I noticed that I could feel her from the inside very distinctly--not the usual swirls and squirms that I am used to by now. So I put my hand where she was bumping most often, and I clearly felt her! Wow!

And then, the best part is that I moved my hand and just sat and stared at my belly. I'm wearing a jersey knit sundress today, so the fabric is thin and clingy enough to clearly show anything that may be happening. I only had to wait about 20 seconds before boom! A jump!

It was amazing. A little bit like that scene in Alien where the alien pops out of that guys stomach, but absolutely amazing. It was one of those moments I've talked about before, where she becomes a little bit more real. She's not just a picture on a screen anymore, not just squirmy feelings in my gut. She manifested herself in the outside world. She moved me.

I am so sorry TH wasn't here to witness this. I can only imagine the look of delight and amazement that would have covered his face. I know that he will have lots of chances in the future to feel her dance and kick around in there, but I still wish he had been here for this moment, this chance.

And I feel so special to have shared it with her. Our moment. Something that was just between us, and no one else in the world.

Baby girl, you amaze me.

2 comments:

BeckO said...

No matter how many times you see her on the screen, hear her h/b, or feel her kick -- nothing can compare to how REAL that moment makes everything feel! At least that's how I felt about our moment.

Isn't it just AMAZING?

:)

KH said...

Isn't it crazy? And you're just going to feel her moving around more and more! :)