Thus far, TH has kind of missed out on the whole "baby moving in my belly" phenomenon. There was that one time he thought he may have felt her, but other than that, no matter how long he has his hand on my stomach, and no matter how many times she bumps around in there saying hello to her daddy's warmth, he still hasn't really, truly FELT her...or seen her...the way I have.
Yesterday he picked me up for lunch (because Ali NEEDED a mexican pizza from Taco Bell) and he ran by Jimmy John's for his own lunch on the way (weird Russian doesn't like the Bell). While he was in getting his sandwich, Ali got so excited by her imminent date with the beany-meaty-cheesy deliciousness that she started dancing around in earnest. Several times while he was inside she gave a solid wallop to my stomach, making it visibly move. I will never get tired of seeing that! I was still staring, entralled, at my round belly when TH got back into the car, and I quietly told him to just watch...and to be patient (I think part of the problem is that he thinks my stomach will bounce around as if she had a pogo stick in there, boing-boing-boing-boing!).
After only about 10 seconds, she gave a mild little punch (as if to say, "hurry up dad! I'm hungry!"), and even though it wasn't as dramatic as it had been while he was inside, my stomach twitched! TH gasped and grinned from ear to ear, and then bent over and kissed my tummy and said hi to his daughter. I was so happy he finally got to see a little something concrete. Now if we can just get him to feel her!
Yesterday we also got this funny video from my cousin. I asked TH what we could do to make sure Ali never ever ever does anything like this.
He said pretty much all we can do it carry a video camera on us at all times and make sure we record the hilariousness for posterity.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
LMAO! That video is awesome! So glad TH got to see the kick. I feel your frustration. DH still hasn't felt our little girl yet. Sigh.
That's so great that A got to see Ali kick! :)
And that video, OMG, I can't even imagine. I would have been losing my mind if that was my daughter in there... calling the Fire Dept, or something.
There has got to be something that can be done so our daughters don't think that's what it takes to get a cheapy stuffed animal!!!
Ohhhh noooooo!!!! That video made me laugh and cry at the same time!!! *ugh* yup.
Oh and about the kicking...yeah...takes daddy a minute to register it. Mine used to just humor me and I would get so frustrated! Felt like baby was kicking my guts out...but to him...gas?!
Post a Comment