Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cosmo, your dad is funny.

I was trying on a regular white cami at Super Target last night, lamenting the size on the tag and just overall not really sure how to approach my new physique when it came to what size clothes to wear: do I buy something that fits now? Do I buy something that is too big now and hope it still works as well when I grow into it?

TH, helpful as always, saw the need to give me a way to "test" the shirt with a bigger, fully-pregnant belly.

So he quickly knealt in front of me, pulled my shirt forward, and stuck his head up it.

:::pause for you to get a visual:::

I giggled when he did it, laughed out loud when I looked down and saw my "belly" sticking out like a personal-sized watermelon, and positively guffawed when I looked at our image in the 3-way mirror. Here I was with a white cami stretched over my knealing husband's head.

I think the dressing room on the other side of the store heard my peals of laughter.

Later, TH said I only laughed so hard because his head is misshapen.

I love that man. He always comes to my rescue in the most delightful, surprising ways.

PS - we ended up buying a white maternity cami that we saw on the way out. Guess we should have started in that department first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee!!

Unknown said...

I just let out a ridiculously loud *gigglesnort* which I'm sure most of my co-workers heard. :)

Yes! Embrace the maternity clothes. They are sooooo comfy and I'm just now getting to the point where most of the stuff I bought in the 2nd tri simply will not fit anymore.