Ooo, boy. Oktoberfest.
After finishing off nearly a 6-pack by myself after not having drank (drunk?) much lately, I had a fantastic time at our party last night (and am still the reigning beer pong champ) but am paying for it today. A pregnant friend told me recently her first-tri tiredness reminded her of the day after staying up late drinking. Unfortunately, I feel that way today NOT because I'm pregnant but because I did, in fact, stay up late drinking.
TH and I spent the day recuperating on our couch and trying to eat as much leftover party fare as possible. We watched a lot of football...and Shrek the Third. The basic plot line of Shrek III is that Fiona (his wife) is pregnant and Shrek freaks out because he doesn't think he's ready to be a dad.
What an ass.
I actually got up, disgusted. Here I am, with the greatest dad-to-be in the world, who wants nothing more than to have a little one to care for, and freaking Shrek is the one who gets the baby. Or, babies, as it turned out.
Apparently I'm not dealing with it all as well today as I was yesterday. Yesterday I had a party to plan, drinking to do, friends to hang out with. Today I just have two (or more) looong weeks of waiting for my body to gear up again so we can take another shot. Two (or more) weeks of irresponsible, undeserving cartoon dads pissing me off. I blame my teary eyes and hot frustration on my tiredness and dehydration.
Regardless, Shrek sucks.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What an ungrateful jerk, that ogre.
I'm sorry K. :(
But we did have a great time Saturday! I'm so glad we were able to make it and it was a pleasure meeting your wonderful friends. You are quite blessed. And yes... you have a wonderful dad-to-be on your hands!!
Post a Comment