Friday, October 31, 2008

Just when I think he has it down...

TH is pretty much all over this TTC stuff. He knows about my cycle, what the temp things mean, etc. But sometimes he just catches me off guard with his innocence (or naivety).



Example 1: After my pre-conception doctor's visit.

Me: yeah, I was expecting her to tell me a lot more, but she basically just said to take prenatal vitamins and come back when I miss my period.

TH: (blank stare).........why would you miss your period?



Example 2: This morning, telling him about giant temp fall and rise from yesterday/today

Me: Well, there is such a thing as an "implantation dip."

TH: (blank stare)

Me: You know, implantation

TH: (blank stare)

Me: (circling hands around uterus) you know, the fertilized egg....

TH: (blank stare)

Me: ....IMPLANTING...in my UTERUS

TH: .....why would it do that?



Example 3: Breakfast this morning

TH: I'll just be happy when you're pregnant and you can just relax and stop worrying about anything.




I let him hold onto his innocence on that last one. No need to burst THAT bubble just yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaa!! Yeah they just don't have a clue sometimes, these boys... Heeeeeeelarious!!