Remember this post where I mused on how the second kid gets shafted? Well, as a testament to that, behold my very FIRST post about my progress through this pregnancy . . . at 20 weeks!
20 weeks. As in, halfway there.
Half. Way.
ZOMG.
My first pregnancy passed at just the right speed. Not too fast. Not too slow. Perfect.
This pregnancy is passing at light speed. I feel like I blink and a week is gone. Close my eyes to sleep and there goes a month. What happened to December???
Though it is passing much quicker, I am so happy to say that it is also passing with a great deal less worry than the first. I have found myself able to relax and not count the days, hours, and minutes until my next appointment. I started feeling movement a lot earlier this time--in fact, TH got to feel his son for the first time last night! I've been feeling Dos for a week or two now, on the outside, but I have to be very patient. TH lacks some of that patience, so it's been harder to get his hand on my belly in the exact right spot at the exact right moment to feel the kick. After two or three failed attempts last night, we gave it one more shot, and boom! He felt it! And then boom-boom-boom, two or three more kicks just to say hi to Dad. I'll never tire of the look of delight on my husband's face when he feels his child move within me. He grinned like a kid at Christmas and bent over and started talking to my belly button (he thinks the sound will be amplified if he goes through the belly button . . . funny guy), saying hello to his son and introducing himself as Dos's daddy. It melts my heart every. single. time. So anyway, back to movement. Dos's early and consistent movement this time has given me daily assurance that everything is fine, and I've worried a lot less. Yay!
We've gotten nothing, nothing done to get ready. We have no name picked out (boys names are HARD, yo). We haven't done anything to get the guest room converted to baby girl's big girl room. We can't do anything to convert the nursery to a boy nursery until baby girl is moved out. The good news is that we are talking about all the things we have to do. So that's the first step, I guess. We have set an internal deadline of 30 weeks to get everything ready. After 30 weeks, TH has a number of long, international trips to take and I'm going to be big as a house and chasing around a toddler. Likelihood of things getting done after 30 weeks are slim. So 30 weeks, then, is our deadline. Which means we have 10 weeks to get stuff ready. Guess it's time to get a move on.
I love being pregnant. I love saying that I'm pregnant. I love looking in the mirror and looking pregnant. I love love love LOVE feeling my baby move inside me. I only have 20 more weeks (or less) of this and I am making sure to enjoy every last second!!
How far along?: 20 weeks
Total weight gain: 12 lbs. Ouch. The good news is that the holiday eating marathon is behind us and I have been walking 2 miles every day with my coworkers. That's about all I can do to stay healthy. My goal is to end this pregnancy weighing less than I did with my first pregnancy (which is totally realistic considering I started it weighing 10 pounds less than I started my last).
How big is baby?: Still less than a pound.
Maternity clothes?: Yes, and I love them!! Being due in May has been hard because I have to wear maternity clothes through two seasons (being due in September, as I was with baby girl, was much easier, because by the time I needed maternity clothes it was already hot and it just stayed hot the entire time). I'm trying to limit the number of cold-weather maternity clothes I had to buy because I know I'll only be in those another two months or so.
Stretch marks?: Nope. I'm hoping I am as fortunate this time as I was last time. I've added in some Burt's Bees belly balm to increase my chances.
Sleep?: Great. I haven't even broken out my body pillow yet, though I have a feeling it's coming soon.
Best moment this week?: Feeling Dos move so much and having TH feel him for the first time.
Movement?: Kick-bump-roll! He's a dancer, but the movement has all been so much lower this time around than it was with baby girl. I'm hoping he moves on up soon because constant kicks to my bladder and cervix are not my idea of a good time.
Food cravings?: Not really, and the food aversions seem about gone as well.
Labor signs?: Ha! Hopefully not for at least another 19 weeks.
Belly button in or out?: Ah, my poor, sweet, hard-working belly button. It never really recovered fully from my first pregnancy. It started this one out much shallower, and is really, really shallow right now. I bet I'll have an outie before the end. What a funny sight that will be!
What I miss: Chocolate. Sweet chocolate, how I long for thee.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting started on our preparation of the rooms.
Milestone: Halfway!!!
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You look fantastic! I can't believe you are halfway there already.
You look amazing! I can't believe you are 20 weeks already.
Post a Comment