1. I am thankful our first (and second) solo flight(s) went VERY smoothly and that baby girl charmed the socks off of everyone around.
2. I am thankful neither flight was full and she had some room to move around.
3. I am thankful I found that travel-sized magnetic drawing board (you know, the kind you can erase the picture with one swipe?). It kept her entertained for a solid 30 minutes both trips!
4. I am thankful that she positively convulsed with delight when she saw G-Mommy and Granddaddy waiting for us at the airport. She love love LOVES her G-Mommy and Granddaddy, and I'm so glad!!
5. I am thankful (amused? in love with the way?) that anytime I tell baby girl to "go ahead" and do something, she looks at me, smiles, and pats her head. Get it? Go aHEAD? Smart girl.
6. I am thankful for the stretchy maternity pants that I wore while consuming full Thanksgiving feast.
7. I am thankful that Dos gave me a week of blissful normalcy, allowing me to eat anything and everything to my heart's content, before dropping me back into food aversions, barfing, and headaches this week.
8. I am thankful I was able to spend the holiday with my family so easily since we know that next year will be a tad more difficult logistically.
9. I am thankful TH came home safe and sound from his business trip (even though I still harbor a grudge against the Germans who schedule their yearly trade show right over Thanksgiving week).
10. I am thankful my daughter is SUCH a daddy's girl. She saw him at the airport, said, "Dada?" and then yelled "DAAAAAAA!" while running to him with her arms thrown wide. Sweetest.Thing.Ever. (And then it was quickly back to wanting Dad to give her her milk, and wanting Dad to walk with her outside, and wanting Dad to hold her. Not so cute anymore. But, c'est la vie.)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm glad you have a good trip! I love all the Alina-related ones, especially "go ahead."
Ahhh, too cute! Glad you had a good trip and that daddy made it home safely.
Post a Comment