Saturday, November 13, 2010

He's a Problem Solver

TH doesn't like me having problems. He wants my life to be easy-breezy-beautiful. So when I come to him with a problem, he wants to solve it. Right then. Done.

My current problem? I can't find any clothes that fit me. I'm too big for my regular clothes and still too small for my maternity clothes from last time around (I also started the last pregnancy about 12 pounds heavier than I started this one). Every morning is an exercise in frustration. Every morning I try on at least ten different possibilities. Every morning I feel crappy about the way I look.

When lamenting about this to TH, he immediately jumped in with a solution: go buy all new maternity clothes.

I told him I hated spending all that money on clothes that I'm just going to wear for five months and then (quite possibly) never again.

True to form, he had a fix.

"Maybe you'll end up really fat, and then you can keep wearing them for years."

Thanks, babe. You always know the right thing to say.

No comments: