Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello First Tri

What? What's that you say? According to my ticker, I am solidly into my second tri??

You should let my body in on that little secret. 'Cause I thought it had gotten the memo. For the last two weeks, I've felt glorious. Return of energy. Return of my sex drive. Return of being able to eat raw vegetables. Then three days ago, I just felt really tired. Then two days ago, my headaches came back. Then yesterday, I threw up after dinner. Then today, the return of my FAVORITE pregnancy symptom, food aversions.

Right now I am sitting in my office, slumped down in my chair so low I'm practically laying in it, yawning, totally crashing. Like clockwork. Between 2-3 o'clock. It's not food related, because I had some grapes (okay, some = like 40) right at 2 to try and bolster my blood sugar.

It's not food related, it's pregnancy related, and it's kicking my ass.

I was enjoying the second tri. Enjoying being able to help my husband do chores in the evenings again. Enjoying being able to eat whatever I wanted rather than a strict diet of Honey Nut Cheerios and bananas. Enjoying having a clear head and the focus to be productive at work.

But I appear to have done the impossible. My body has figured out how to reverse the flow of time and I am now back in the first trimester.

On some level I'm really irritated by this.

But in practice, I'm kind of too tired to care.

*yawn*

1 comment:

Erin said...

2:00 is my crash time, too. Luckily I am a SAHM, and for the first time, all three of our kids are in school...so at roughly 2:00, like clockwork, you can find me snoozing on the couch, or in the bed, or on the kitchen floor...wherever it hits me.

I hope there is some relief for you soon...I'm wondering when my first tri symptoms will fade, too...