Monday, January 4, 2010

OMG, Mooom!!

This is what I heard in my head today.

I was on my way to the day care to nurse baby girl during my lunch break. It's one of the few times I drive in my car without her with me, so I usually take the opportunity to turn up the radio and jam out. Lo and behold, just as I headed out, "Bust a Move" by Young MC came on. Sweet!! Talk about turning it up, singing along, and dancing. I was rocking.out.

My first thought as I really got going was how I can't wait for Ali to be old enough for us to jam out together.

Then I realized that (1) by the time she's old enough, she's not going to want to jam out to "Bust a Move." That will be an "oldie" to her. (2) She's probably not going to want to jam out with her mom. and (3) She is more than likely going to be soooooo embarrassed when I jam out!

I could just imagine the horrified look on her face as she watches my driver's-seat dance-a-thon.

I can just hear her: "oh my god, Moooom!!"

No comments: