TH was telling his mom last night that I've been tired lately. When asked why, he explained it was because I am still getting up at midnight to pump even though Ali's been sleeping through the night since 2 months. Aside from not wanting my supply to drop (even though I know it would only drop to adjust to her new schedule), I like being able to continue to build my freezer stash since we never really know how long this pumping-at-work thing is going to last.
(I'm also tired because it appears Ali has hit the dreaded 4-month wakeful period, so I've gone back to getting sleep in 2- to 3-hour increments. We didn't mention this to his parents, however, as they would automatically assume we are doing something wrong that is causing her to not sleep well. But I digress.)
So he tells his mom that I'm tired and that I'm still getting up to pump at night for the sake of the baby.
Her response to my self-sacrificing, self-inflicted-suffering behavior? "She's like a real Russian Jew."
This may be the biggest, most genuine compliment I could ever hope to receive from my mother-in-law.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment