Yesterday some people in our neighborhood had two double strollers and two carseats out by their trash can. We took the strollers. They are pretty nice--one's a side-by-side jogger and one's a front-and-back regular one--and we figure we can sell them to someone we know or on Craig's List and make some holiday $$.
TH was getting a big kick out of them. He thought they were very cool, especially because the front wheel of the regular one operated (turned) independently of the others, making it surprisingly maneuverable for something so long. What is it with guys and things with wheels?
They are temporarily in our garage, and I keep forgetting about them, which makes for a funny surprise every time I walk into our garage and see baby strollers. It's an odd feeling--not bad, not good...just...odd. I asked TH if seeing them in there made him feel funny, and he (of course) blithely responded, "No. I know they aren't for us!"
It never ceases to amaze me how he can separate his feelings of hope and yearning and desire for our own situation from the rest of the "real world." He of course has his moments of weakness, when he can't keep his own feelings out of it, like this weekend, when our cousin (the cousin) and her husband came over to visit for a little bit and they once again started yammering on about how surprisingly easy it was to get pregnant...in moments like those, TH and I retreat into snarky comments to each other ("Her stomach is pregnant...what's her ass's excuse?"), which may not be the classiest or most mature way of dealing with our disappointment, but hell if it isn't effective.
But most of the time, he's calm and confident and patient and strong. The first thing he asked when he got back from his business trip was how my temps were. I showed him my chart, which looks markedly different from last month's, and told him I wasn't sure what was going on, if my thermometer needed a new battery, or what. He said, "That's not why. I know why it's doing that." We are about 5 days shy of having been at this for six months, and he still has that calm assuredness, that confidence that he's had every month, that I am, in fact, pregnant. He still is able, month after month, to just know that it worked. For his calmness and his confidence and his resilience and his strength, he is amazing.
As for our update, I'm at 10 DPO today and I didn't test. TH would like me to try to wait until Friday. I know I said I didn't hold a lot of hope for this cycle, but I actually O'd a day early and we ended up with pretty good timing before TH left on his business trip. So, of course, there's the hope that has gradually built and built with each morning's high temp. There's no need to say that the phantom symptoms are driving me crazy. Strange little twinges in my ute, sore boobs, tiredness.
Heck, we even have the strollers, now. The only thing that's missing is the BFP.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Good for you for not testing! I wish I was as strong.
I love reading about A's role in your journey, and how he's handled everything. I certainly don't need to tell you how blessed you are, as if you weren't aware of that already. ;)
Lots and lots and lots of thoughts & prayers for you guys this time!!
PS - Again, I love the cousin comment. I'm saving that one for future use. :)
LOL at the cousin thing. I <3 you guys!! We need to get together again, soon.
And you're constantly in my prayers. Your BFP is coming. I can feel it!
Post a Comment