There are only two days to go until my due date.
Two days.
Let's not get into all the ways this whole "labor/no labor" "VBAC/no VBAC" thing is starting to mind-fuck me.
Let's just say that I've been gradually exploring all of the fabled "labor-inducing" practices.
Earlier this week there was a full moon. The nurse said on Monday the influence of lunar cycles was legit, and they really do see an uptick in women going into labor during a full moon.
Here I sit. Still pregnant.
A local group of moms and I all participate in a book club. This particular club is famed for sending near- and at-term mommas into labor. I made the looong drive down south to join the ladies this month (I did actually read the book. It was amazing. I wasn't just using them for their labor-inducing powers.), actively participated, soaked in the book club vibes.
Here I sit. Still pregnant.
Finally yesterday, after nearly five months of drought, we had a fair bit of rain, with more forecast for today. God bless Mother Nature, dropping barometric pressure is also said to help bring on labor.
I'm hoping the rain today does it, because the piddly little drizzle we had all day yesterday didn't do squat.
I'm also walking a lot. Standing while working at my desk. Bouncing on my yoga ball at home. Having sex. Eating spicy food and eggplant parmesan. Getting foot massages.
I have not yet resorted to castor oil, nipple stimulation, and evening primrose oil.
When I started my motherhood journey nearly three years ago, the immediate and jarring lesson I learned is that, regardless of how goal oriented I am, some things are simply not within my control. It doesn't matter how "right" I do things . . . que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be, and there's not a damn lot I can do to change it.
So here we are. Full circle. What started with trying to get pregnant has now come back to trying to get my second baby to come on out. But the lesson remains the same.
Patience.
Acceptance of the level of control I actually have over things.
And the ability to keep things in perspective.
I am 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant.
And waiting, waiting, waiting.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment