1. I had 3.5 days off this weekend and spent every.second of it with baby girl. LOVED it, and HATE being back at work today. Could be my crazy hormones given that I just started AF today, but I'm all weepy and hating being a working mom when all I constantly hear about is play dates at sprinkler parks from moms who have all day long to traipse around with their kiddos and sit by the pool side sipping juice boxes and dishing about their husbands. I have a bad case of the Mondays and it's not even Monday. Ugh.
2. Baby girl was F.U.S.S.Y. last week and the beginning of the weekend. We knew she was teething again and were just on the lookout for the tell-tale breakthrough that would spell relief for us all. Finally, finally we saw them--two more bottom ones, one on either side of the two middle bottoms that she already has. She's getting them two at a time. An overachiever, this girl is, just like her momma.
3. Then we checked out her top gum this weekend and a couple of friends pointed out something I had missed. A tiny little ridge of white, just peeking through. Scratch that two-at-a-time thing. Make it THREE at a time. Sheesh. She jumped from two teeth to five in a matter of a few days. No wonder she was Cranky McCrankmeister.
4. Yeah, I started AF today. Which means no sex for me for at least four more days. Considering it's been over a week since our last rendezvous thanks to TH being in the doghouse for being a stupid idiot, and that makes one cranky, weepy, feeling-the-need-to-reconnect-with-my-husband woman. And no, we do not have sexy time during the monthly visit. And yes, I do realize two weeks without sex is not the end of the world. But considering that's longer than we've gone without sex since I got cleared after having baby girl, and taking into additional consideration the aforementioned (see #1) hormones, and it SEEMS like the end of the world. Boo hoo.
5. Apparently TH may have mentioned something to his mother about being stressed and the whole idea of TTC #2. So she decides that she needs to weigh in on when we should start TTC #2. And it makes me want to (a.) throat punch her, kick her in the shins, and spit in her general direction . . . not necessarily in that order, and (b.) get KU right.this.second just to shove it in her meddling face.
6. I'm not usually that angry when it comes to my meddling MIL. See #1 and #4.
7. I'm kind of scared about baby girl moving from purees to real food. Purees are easy. I whip up a batch of veggies or fruit and freeze it into serving-sized cubes, or just go to the store and buy a yummy-sounding meat mixture (split pea/turkey/wild rice? Yes please!). Real food is hard. I don't want to feed her what we eat. We eat crap. Mostly because I'm a working mom and I don't have time to rush home at the end of the day and whip up a healthy, organic, well-balanced meal. And partly because we're in our 30's and have had basically 30 years to develop certain tastes (hello Whataburger) that may or may not be the healthiest options. So yay for baby girl actually helping her mom and dad to eat healthier, but whenthehell am I going to find the time to cook her--and us--healthy fresh food all the time?
8. We spent the weekend out with friends at birthday parties, on the lake, at pools, having cookouts, etc. One of the days, naptime rolled around while we were over at a friend's house. They set up their pack-and-play for us, and I went in to attempt to get baby girl down for a nap in a new and interesting environment. I got her to fall asleep in my arms, but when the time came to move her to the pack-and-play, I looked at her sweet, sleeping face, her cubby little cheek pressed up against my arm, her tiny little hand lightly holding the fabric on the front of my shirt, and I just couldn't do it. She hasn't taken a nap in my arms since she was 12 weeks old. I held her for the entire nap and loved every.single.second.
9. Speaking of the birthday party, not once have I left one of my friends' houses (EVER . . . well, you know, ever since having a baby) and not felt like my kid is getting shafted with her toys. I feel like everyone else has such cool toys! And then there's my kid, whose absolute favorite toy in the entire world is an empty plastic water bottle. And then there's my husband, who grew up poor and communist, who thinks that she has more than she needs already ("You know what toys I had when I was a kid? Knives and rocks!"). I'm not ashamed to admit that the materialistic influences of American society have worked on me. My kid is awesome and needs a water table, dammit. And a music table. And a cool microphone thingy. And a bubble blower. And a train that she can ride around. And then I think about our bank account and remember that she needs food (see #7) and a college education more than she needs a bubble blower and I return to my senses and reluctantly hand her another empty water bottle.
10. Baby proofing. We needs it. We covered our plugs and thought we were done. Apparently kids like to open drawers and push buttons and stick their fingers into VCRs. Didn't see those coming. Anything else I'm not thinking of? Do we have to get rid of our curtains???
I'm ready for another 3-day weekend. Does that count as a #11? I don't give a flying fahrvergnügen. (See #1. And #4.)
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment