Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Working Mom Math

I give 100% of myself to my daughter.

And 100% to my son. (hmmmm . . . already seeing the tricky math here?)

That leaves about 90% for me to give at work (okay, let's be honest . . . most days it's more like 80%).

I give about 30% of myself to our house chores, things like laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc.

I give about 60% to my husband. This is shameful, but it's the reality of my life as a working mom with two kids under two, one of whom still qualifies as a newborn. I'm so looking forward to the day I can get back to giving him all of me that he deserves.

So far, that's 380% of myself given throughout the day.

And that's without saving anything for myself.

Working mom math is a hard lesson.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I feel maxed out most days so I can't imagine what being a working mom is like. I truly think women are amazing for being able to do everything they do and for doing it with as much grace as they can.

vtmurray said...

I am loving all of your recent posts. They are so spot on about having multiple 'identities', being a working mom, etc. Love your insight!