If you've been following this blog for any amount of time, you probably know that TH is an immigrant, that his family fled the former USSR as refugees, spending six months as refugees in Europe before being accepted by a sponsoring organization here in the states and being brought over to start new lives here.
And, you undoubtedly know that we're expecting our second baby, Dos (no, we don't have a name yet. Yes, we are taking any and all suggestions and offers at clever marketing schemes), in less than two months. Dos will be inheriting the nursery, and baby girl will graduate to her big-girl room, a transition that we hope to have underway in the next week or so (eek!).
Thankfully we painted the nursery blue stars the first time around, even for our sweet baby girl, so we don't actually have to do a lot of redecorating to get it ready for a boy. The flowers have come down, as has the pink sparkly tutu. And in their place, we are adding . . . wait for it . . . ready? . . . rockets and robots! BAM! What a fun, boyish theme that fits right in with the stars! I'm so excited to see this new iteration on our nursery take shape.
So now you might be wondering why I started a post about Dos's nursery with a note about his daddy's past. Enter Kauzbots.
This amazing company (seriously, why can't I have these kinds of awesome ideas myself??) makes plush stuffed robots that each represent a different social-awareness cause--10% of the sale of every robot goes directly to that 'bot's representative cause.
See that pink one front and center? That's Kaprice. 10% of her goes to support the fight against breast cancer. The yellow one is Karthy and supports the fight against autism. The red one is Karson and supports the fight against HIV/Aids. Purple--Kourage--childhood cancer.
And see that black 'bot in the middle? That's Kiefer. He supports the fight to help refugees the world over find security, food, and a new home in which they, too, can build new lives.
Hi there, Kiefer. This 'bot will be finding a home in our new nursery, for our new son, a son who embodies the hopes and dreams of my husband and his family during their time as refugees.
Check out all the Kauzbots and their causes here. And buy one (or six)--an adorably cute, snuggly way to support the kauzes close to your own hearts.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I LOVE robots. My favorite boy names are
Jude
Wesley-(we would name our next if we had any more)
Roman
Seth
Louis-(My sons name)
James
Oscar
Scott
I started making lists of names when I got married because I couldnt wait to be a mom but we are done with two because I cannot mentally handle being pregnant again (ppd). It makes me happy to possibly help name another baby
Post a Comment