Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

I know I've been a slow blogger. I've had lots of posts swimming around in my head, just waiting for the clarity and free time to get them typed in. But our family seems to have slid into the holiday season, the year's end, panting and dirty and trying wildly to keep all our balls in the air. Somehow it feels like tomorrow morning will dawn and everything will have been reset. We suddenly won't be playing an eternal game of catchup anymore. We'll start fresh and new and ahead of the game. Or something.

But I owe it to tonight to give a brief glance back at the last 365 days, to give a nod of appreciation, one last smile, a mental note of thanks.

Thank you for every morning I woke up to Alina's laughter and exploration and growth.

Thank you for my daughter's sweet kisses, her toddler-version of "I love you," her hugs and her mischievous, crinkly-nosed smile.

Thank you for my son, kicking around inside me as I type. Thank you for the movement I can see in my belly right now.

Thank you for the growth in my marriage, for the father my husband has become, and the husband my babies' daddy has become.

Most of all thank you for the deep, soul-satisfying sense of peace and contentment I have.

It's been an incredible journey from January 1 to December 31. An incredible journey through the greatest year of my life. I can only imagine the heights that are in store for 2011. Double the crazy, double the fun.

Double the joy.

So happy OLD year and happy NEW year from our house and hearts to yours. (And I promise to get back to our regularly scheduled blogging next year...er...tomorrow!)

1 comment:

KH said...

Two beautiful people, if I've ever seen 'em. :) happy new year!