Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mesh Feeder FAIL

We've been pretty adventurous with the solid foods so far. I've let her gnaw on an apple I was eating. She eats straight from the banana. But after seeing her gag back up a piece of cantelope yesterday, complete with foamy spit up and all, I am officially a bit gun shy about giving her chunks of fruit.

So today I thought it would be a brilliant idea to break out the mesh feeders and fill 'em with some fresh apple chunks. A way to let her chomp on her favorite fresh fruit without me having to worry about her breaking off a piece too big to handle? Win-win, right?

Um, how about fail-fail?

She took one bite of the meshy bag and immediately gave me a "Why-The-Face am I supposed to do with this" look. I tried biting the apple myself, to show her how it worked and to get the apple juices flowing so that she' d be more easily rewarded with flavor.

Yeah, as you can tell from the pics below . . . not so much impressed with the mesh feeder.

Eh? What's This?

Boo! This isn't apples!!
I hate mesh feeders!!!!!
Yeah. So. Um . . . guess those are going in the goodwill box.

5 comments:

BeckO said...

Love the photos! She is too funny. She's had a taste of the real deal, she doesn't want to mess with mesh! ;)

KH said...

lol, I love it! You tricked her, mom...She knows there are yummy apples in there somewhere!

SFNewzGirl said...

That is frickin' awesome!

Sarah said...

THose pictures are so cute.

Try the mesh feeder with a banana. Apples are really tart.

Dawn E said...

These pictures and captions CRACKED me up!