We have been told that baby girl has been teething since she was 8 weeks old. It's true. At 8 weeks I spotted two little white spots. I showed other moms. They confirmed. I showed our pedi. She confirmed. Teething. Baby girl drooled. She chewed on everything in sight.
Nothing happened. No teeth.
At our four-month appointment, our pedi observed the amount of drool covering baby girl's chin and shirt and again declared: teething! Baby girl drooled. She enthusiastically chewed on everything in sight. Soft things. Hard things. Smooth things. Pointy things.
Nothing happened. No teeth.
At our six-month appointment, our pedi stuck a tongue depressor into baby girl's mouth, saying, "Look! See the white lines?" We looked, but I was distracted by the screaming, hot-pissed baby who apparently thought that having a tongue depressor shoved in her mouth was tantamount to getting a shot or some other equally invasive, insufferable act. I kept checking every few days to see if I could spot anything, but baby girl thinks that me pulling her bottom lip down is the cue for licking my finger. Not helpful when I'm trying to see her gums.
I looked last night. Nothing.
I looked this morning. Something.
Something small. And white. And impossibly adorable.
Something that I can actually feel when I run my finger along her gums.
Houston, we have a tooth!! And praise be, it happened with no fussiness, no fever, no apparent discomfort at all. This.Kid.Rocks.
(Now please say a prayer of health and well-being for my boobies.)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment