This is a shot from beneath your chin (chin would be in bottom left corner), looking up your nostrils (you will see "NOSE" labeled in the middle). Check out the scrumptious cheeks on either side of that nose!! You DEFINITELY take after your momma in this feature . . . I simply cannot wait to get you out and kiss and squeeze those squishy cheeks!There was a full moon over the weekend, which has been shown to have the power to bring on labor. All it did for me was make me extra crampy. We had more slow, steady progress this week: we are now just under 2 cm dilated, 30% effaced, and my cervix is soft! The doctor said he doesn't expect you to come anytime this week, but he also doesn't expect you to be very late, either. He is sticking with an on-time delivery of you! (Can I just say I will be soo impressed if you actually show up ON your due date?!)
Today is 9/9/09. I will admit, ever since we found out your due date, I have been secretly hoping that you would choose to come on this fun day. I was cautiously optimistic over the weekend with all the cramping, and the night before last was the MOST uncomfortable I have been yet--waking every hour, pain when I shift positions, the whole nine yards--so yesterday we took advantage of already having had an internal (which can bring on labor) and added to it a nice long walk and some "other" ways of inducing contractions. I went to bed hoping something exciting would happen overnight . . . only to get the most comfortable, deepest sleep I've had in days! So, it looks like 9/9/09 will not be happening for us. Which is okay. I love the fact you are already asserting your independence, already reminding me that mommyhood is just another thing I'm going to have to get used to being flexible about.
So baby girl, sweet cheeks, we are close. How close remains a mystery . . . but close! See you soon!!



1 comment:
OMG those are the squishiest "inside" cheeks I have ever seen. Can't wait to see them (and the rest of her) on the outside!
Post a Comment