Saturday, September 5, 2009

Single Digits!

Only nine days, baby girl!

NINE.

Nine short, long, fleeting, interminable days until your due date.

I wonder how accurate that really is. Since due dates are notoriously inaccurate (I mean, it IS hard to pick a single day nine months ahead), I wonder if you are actually going to make your appearance in fewer than nine days or more.

People all around me are having their babies. Women who were due just before me. Women who were due just after me. It's a constant reminder that I am actually going to have MY baby sometime soon, too! So far I've been pretty successful at balancing the "oh my god it could happen ANY TIME" with the "remember it could still be more than two weeks away and going crazy will just make those two weeks impossible." I've been pretty good at balancing the excitement with the patience.

There is a full moon this weekend. Supposedly that can have some effect on going into labor. I'm not sure if it was related at all, but you were SO squirmy yesterday, SO active. Could you feel the pull of the moon? I found myself restless at night, kept inside by rain, not wanting to watch TV, not wanting to be on the computer. Your dad and I ended up going for a walk around 10 p.m., and the fresh, rain-cleaned night air was just what I needed to relax. Was I feeling the pull of the moon?

It is so exciting not knowing when you are going to make your appearance but knowing that it's going to be sometime soon. It's like turning the handle on a jack-in-the-box toy. You know that clown is going to spring out at you sometime soon, you just don't know exactly when. It's exhilarating.

Nine days, plus or minus . . . oh . . . nine days I suppose.

Are you ready to come meet us?

2 comments:

BeckO said...

ack! I can't wait!!!!

SFNewzGirl said...

Any day now! So exciting!!!