Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines and Double Digits

10 weeks! Woohoo! We've finally made it to the double digits! (and yet at the same time, holy cow, already?? What happened to weeks 8 and 9? It's amazing how much feeling yucky makes time pass in a blur of...well...yuckiness.)

Every Sunday evening TH and I take time to read out loud the next chapter of our week-by-week book. I could not BELIEVE how big the "actual size" picture of Cosmo is. I have no problem picturing him/her as a tiny little blob the size of a blueberry. But picturing him/her as a baby, with little wiggling fingers and toes and elbows and knees and a nose and ears and a distinct head, all of which add up to the size of a large lime...somehow I just can't get my mind wrapped around that! Cosmo, you're HUGE! I absolutely cannot wait until our 2nd appt. next week, when we get to see Cosmo again, get to see what a big baby he/she's already become.

Saturday was Valentine's day, our last Valentine's day as just a solo couple...at least for a very, very long time. It was our thirteenth Valentine's day together. It was strange knowing that it was our last one with just the two of us. TH is a great Valentine, as I'm sure you could have guessed by now. He's sweet and romantic and puts a lot of thought into what we do. He checked in with me a couple of weeks ago, telling me that my gift would be doing something, not getting something. He wanted to make sure that was ok. I had laughed, telling him that he knows I'm not a big "material gift" kind of girl--I'm much more about sharing experiences (which is why we travel so much). He said "I know...it's just with your hormones and stuff...I didn't want you to be upset." What a sweet, thoughtful Valentine. I got something anyway--a pair of pearl earrings. We spent the day together, napping wrapped up in each other on the couch, cooking a wonderful steak dinner (he even set the table with candles!). His plan was to take me dancing, but I had to bow out...I just wasn't feeling well enough to make a big night of something. So we rented a cheesy romantic comedy and spent the evening in our pjs on the couch. It was a quiet, listless day, with nothing to do but focus on each other. Perfect.

AND, I found out where TH is planning on taking me for our babymoon: Hawaii!! Yippee! I feel a little irresponsible for taking such a big trip in a bad economy with a baby on the way, but the tickets are free b/c we are using accrued miles, and we have a "vacation account" that we add to bit by bit, so we'll only be spending money we've already saved. So, irresponsible or not, Hawaii here we come!

I thought of one more symptom I forgot to mention in the previous post. I burp like a 17-year-old boy. Seriously. If you've ever seen Revenge of the Nerds, in the Olympics scene at the end when Booger competes in the burping contest...that's me. Poor TH.

Things I want to remember:
  • When we read our book every Sunday, TH reads aloud to me and keeps one hand on my stomach. He wants Cosmo to know that he's reading to him/her, too.
  • Yellow/orange foods are working the best: goldfish, graham crackers, peanut butter, orange gatorade, bananas, oranges, cereal, hamburger helper, etc.
  • The more I do, the better I feel. The less I do, the worse I feel.
  • I may have a problem with clothes shopping once we find out the sex, but right now, I have a problem with book shopping. I'm sure that we won't even be able to use some of these books for years, but I see them and have to have them. I guess that comes with the territory of being a bibliophile.
Only 9 days 'til we get to see you again, Cosmo! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooooh I was a champion belcher in the 1st tri too. DH was actually shocked by my "skills" a few times. Hehehe.

That is soooooooo sweet about TH reading to the baby. I *still* haven't gotten R to read a darn thing.