I'm a utter failure at blogging lately. It's not only that I feel bad that some of you have really taken the time to become vested in our lives, read what I write, comment on it, think of us, etc., but that I had really high hopes of being able to use this blog as a quasi-baby book since I knew ahead of time I would NEVER get around to making and keeping up with an actual physical book. This blog is my history, my stories, my memories, and there are growing gaps that I will never be able to go back in and recover.
BUT. I have a really good excuse.
I started a business.
A photography business, to be exact.
Check it out: www.happysoulphotography.com
It had long been in our plans for me to do this when the kids hit school age as a way for me to earn an income while still having more flexibility than my office job allowed me. With the events of this spring, and me leaving my job much sooner than we'd planned, we had to step up the pace a bit and get this thing going. I worked all spring and summer finding people to be my test-subjects, learning the editing process, researching small business law and how to build websites.
Oh, and actually taking pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. And editing them. And re-editing them some more until I started to get the hang of it and started liking what I was seeing. This was while finishing out my full-time job, while staying home with the kids when they're sick, while working part-time from home now (b/c I have to have SOME income while this all gets going!). I've actually been much, much busier than I ever was while just working my 40 hours.
But the stress is gone. Totally gone. The days I spend shooting and editing and blogging pass so quickly, and I feel so challenged and fulfilled and like I'm really doing something for people that will make them happy. And that makes ME happy.
So yeah, blogging here has fallen by the wayside, and I'm sorry for that. Sorry for my readers and sorry for myself, for my own memories that didn't get captured. I hope to be able to find a nice balance now that the business has launched.
And maybe you'll just have to add my new photo blog to your reader, and keep up with me there. ;)
Thanks for coming back to read, interwebz, every time I pop up after a long time away.
(Oh, and OBVS you need to come like me on FB! www.facebook.com/happysoulphotography)
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I figured you were busy but I didn't think you were this busy. Starting a new business is amazing. Congratulations!!
Post a Comment