Monday, January 30, 2012

We're Alive. Barely.

Sorry for the long blog silence. We've had a rough start to 2012.

Little man got a tummy bug. Threw up on me in the middle of the night and then proceeded to have projectile diarrhea for the next four days. Lovely.

He was better for like a day, and then baby girl AND little man came home from school with identical wet, hacking, gunky coughs. Which then proceeded to turn into RSV for little man. We spent an afternoon with him in the hospital, and about 8 days total with him not eating or sleeping.

Oh, speaking of his eating, have I mentioned that he's on a complete bottle strike? He absolutely REFUSES to take one. Which meant there were two or three days he ate NOTHING at school. All day. Just waited for me. And then nursed. A lot. All night. I have worked out where I can go during my lunch break at noon to nurse him. It's five hours after feeding him at 7 a.m. for breakfast, but I figure if he can hold out all day, he can last five hours.

So back to healthy issues. What with his tummy bug, bottle strike, and RSV, he lost weight.

My parents came down for the week to help us out because TH had to go to Chicago on a business trip. Where he came down with the dreaded man cold. His voice dropped about three octaves. He spent days in bed. Even when he came back from his trip, he was not really much help because being out of bed for more than 30 minutes or so made him dizzy. He just slept a lot. Which I mildly struggled with because I was NOT sleeping a lot. Thank God my parents were around to help me out and give me some time to rest and recuperate, too.

Anyway, our whole family finally, finally seemed to be feeling better this weekend.

And then baby girl threw up her lunch yesterday.

And then TH woke up this morning with half of his face swollen and one of his lymph nodes swollen out of his neck about the size of a baseball.

EFFFFFFFFFFF.

So we're here. Limping along. I have no time for blogging because I don't pump at work anymore and because every second of my evenings is spent for caring for my sick family or collapsing in bed myself.

I will (WILL) write little man's 8-month letter soon. Illnesses aside, he's had a totally mind-blowing month.

Until then, stay well.

Oh, and so far, 2012 can suck it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow...what a horrible way to start the year. I hope you all start feeling better real soon.