Friday, May 14, 2010

Five on Friday

1. I have an email sitting in my inbox with the subject line, "Your 8-month-old: Week 1." I am avoiding opening it. Opening it means admitting I have an 8-month-old. EIGHT-month-old. I'm not in denial. I'm just in . . . avoidance of acceptance.

2. My in-laws are coming into town this weekend. This is their first weekend visit since their separation. They are driving down separately. As little as I looked forward to their visits before, what with the truly impressive amounts of stress and insanity they seem to bring with them wherever they go, I am absolutely dreading it now that they are separated and will be forced to (1) be in the same place again, and (2) share the baby with each other. KillMeNow.

3. We are going to a friend's wedding Saturday night. It will be only the second time in baby girl's entire life (EIGHT months) that I haven't been there to put her to sleep. It makes me sad. At the same time, I am really looking forward to an entire evening out with our friends, drinking, dancing, celebrating, and generally making merry.

(3.1. I have to find some kind of appropriate wedding attire to wear. I am both terrified and thrilled at the prospect of getting all fancied up again.)

4. I have very little trust that my ILs will do things when we are out the way we would like them done. I hate leaving my daughter with them. I hate that I have to hate leaving my daughter with them.

5. :::this one is being whispered::: Remember this post, the one where I thought I must have been crazy about thinking about trying again for #2 so soon? Remember when I said that maybe I would just wake up one day and suddenly be ready to do it all again? Yeah. I don't know what happened in the last five weeks . . . but I was actually kind of bummed when TH came home with a big box of condoms last night. How crazy is THAT?

No comments: